Launched in 2015, LEED Performance Score is a cost-effective alternative to traditional LEED for Existing Buildings; Operations & Maintenance (EBOM) (re)certification that provides the same outcome of LEED certification with 25-50% lower costs.
LEED Performance Score is a performance-based rating system that generates a real-time score based on five categories; Energy, Water, Waste, Transportation, and Human Experience. Performance Score follows the same point scale and certification levels as traditional LEED EBOM certification (i.e., Basic, Silver, Gold, and Platinum). Properties can achieve initial or recertifications through Performance Score.
Pursuing LEED (re)certification through Performance Score can save your team time and money when compared to traditional EBOM certification and provides a valuable opportunity to engage your tenants.
- Strong business case. 25-50% lower costs than traditional EBOM certification.
- Save time. Requires minimal documentation and ongoing maintenance, reducing the time commitment of your staff and consultants.
- Focused on performance. Uses readily available metrics that you already track to generate a real-time performance score.
- Annual recertifications. Achieve higher levels of certification each year as building performance improves, rather than being locked into the same certification level for five years.
- Engage your tenants. Provides a valuable opportunity to engage your tenants and increase the visibility of your sustainability efforts. Purchase the digital plaque (pictured above) or connect your existing digital information screens to animations in the LEED Arc online platform.
How it works
Performance data from five categories (i.e., Energy, Water, Waste, Transportation, and Human Experience) is entered into the Arc online platform to generate a real-time performance score.
- Energy, water, and waste: Track monthly energy, water, and waste performance data in the Arc online platform. Utility and waste data can be automatically imported from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Transportation: Distribute an annual transportation survey through the Arc online platform. No more paper surveys!
- Human experience: Perform annual carbon dioxide (CO2) and volatile organic compound (VOC) testing to assess indoor air quality. Distribute an annual satisfaction survey through the Arc online platform.
Schedule a LEED Performance Score tutorial
If you would like to learn more about LEED Performance Score and explore the Arc platform, please contact us to schedule a brief tutorial.